We all get sick, and you will get better much faster by taking care of you and resting! If you’re not feeling your best then here are my Self-Care Tips for Getting Better Faster.
1. Ask for help from your spouse and child if they are old enough.
2. Have some easy meals in the cabinet or freezer in case you’re not up to cooking (healthy canned soup, frozen veggies, and quick rice are great).
3. Eliminate what you can from your workload. Many things, such as housework can wait!
4. As far as going to your job it’s much better to call in for a day or two than to try to do too much and end up being sick for longer. You’ll be a lot more productive if you can just stay home and get well! If that’s not an option, just take care of your most important tasks and then go home.
5. Let your kids watch movies, or do whatever it takes to get your rest.
6. Ask a friend to watch the kids after school.
7. Ask a friend to walk the dog if you have one.
All these little things can help you to get better quicker.The most important part of getting better is listening to your body. Click To Tweet
Ways to Relax and Recuperate
I also use aromatherapy oils in the diffuser by my bed. I feel like that really helps to support my immune system. Be sure to use oils as directed by an aromatherapist, there are certain oils that shouldn’t be used at certain times or when children and animals are involved. You can shop for aromatherapy oils on my website here
Epsom salt baths are very good for sore muscles and achy muscles when you’re sick.
Take Good Care
I find that when I do get sick it’s when I have let some of my self-care slide. It’s easy to carry on being overly busy, skipping green smoothies, not having a regular massage and not getting enough sleep.
Fresh air and vitamin D will help to make you feel better, but be sure to keep wrapped up warm if you do venture outside. If you don’t feel up to going out for a 5-minute walk then don’t. The most important part of getting better is listening to your body.
Staying at home and resting doesn’t mean you have to clean or do the washing, it can all wait.
Be sure that you get plenty of rest and try and keep a routine. Even just getting up and having a shower, putting on fresh ‘sloppies’ and going back to bed or moving to the sofa will make you feel better. Keep up with vitamins and be sure not to eat too much processed food.
It is very tempting to just try to push through and carry on with your regular schedule even when you’re sick. We all want to do it all and accomplish our goals, but by resting and taking care of yourself you’ll be back at it faster and healthier and stronger!
Over to you
What are your top tips for getting better quicker?
If you need holistic support then get in touch today. Book your free discovery call here